4 way battle - rating the chances of Panasonic vs Canon vs Nikon vs Sony full frame mirrorless systems

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
12 hours ago, sanveer said:

I am suddenly wondering why can't everyone can offer 10-bit 4-2-2 internally if the tiny Mavic 2 Pro can. That camera looks 1/3rd-1/4th the size of the various mirrorless ILCs being announced, using MicroSD cards (instead of XQD, CFast or and full sized SD Cards), and Many other size limitations. It's sensor is obviously much smaller, but so are other factors on that one.

If Panasonic can get PDAF, theoretically, it can beat almost every FF out there, as a complete package.

My Mavic 2 Pro gets very warm. Seems to have an internal fan as well. I think the image processor is in the main chassis of the aircraft rather than the tiny camera head, which is probably just a sensor and nothing else.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

My Mavic 2 Pro gets very warm. Seems to have an internal fan as well. I think the image processor is in the main chassis of the aircraft rather than the tiny camera head, which is probably just a sensor and nothing else.

Or the main body has the writing being done, and it also has the battery (apart from some commin controls between the 2 drone types, someone had swapped the cameras and they seemed to work pretty well). Think of it like the 10-bit 4-2-2 writing via the HDMI/ type-C that the new Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras seem to be offering. Even some LEDs have it (like a control panel Away from the light structure, instead of embedded at the back of the light structure, to help heat dissipation). 

11 hours ago, Danyyyel said:

As for the Mavic pro 2, it has a sensor at least 8 times smaller than the all these MILC and has 4 rotor than must be the largest/loudest camera fan in the world.

The joke I make about RED is:

"RED makes very capable fans, with a good camera added on as an after thought"