Blackmagic Micro 2 Hopes for NAB

Ed_David

I own the blackmagic micro now.  Loving it.

My ideas for a version 2:

1. in camera 5-axis stabilization - would make it more effective for gimbal work, right?  and drones?  

2. some better option to mount a 4-5' monitor - maybe make it swingable - like a connector on the side that you can detach - so like the LCD on the blackmagic assist (which is amazing for the price) but somehow with less internals so it doesn't record

3. carry over the new stills mode from the ursa mini pro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I tried to mash-up something like that once... :grimace:

yyMGCxV.jpg

Yeah, if only it were that easy... xD

They should indeed have some kind of hotshoe on the side, no fuzz with cables either, you just click it in, it locks and feeds it with a video with some kind of interlinked connector. But what a rubbish approach anyways. If they were able to do the BMPCC... can't they just take the GH5 housing and make an epic BMPCC 2.0? With like 2.5 or 4K ProRes/RAW DNG? I'm not sure there's a cinema camera with sensor stabilization, I don't think one will exist for a long long time either.

Or here's another mash-up I've thought of:

YR9oAUz.gif

I figured Nikon could enter the APS-C mirrorless market by getting giving the NX1 an update to the Nikon mirrorleX NX2... including vari-angle touchscreen and sensor stabilization! Of course, I'm not opposed to Blackmagic running away with that concept and turning it into a cinema machine! Just, after the BMPCC there weren't really any like stills camera formfactor cinema cameras anymore... everything had to be frankenrigged, and who really wants to deal with that?

On the other hand, I do think that BMD received a lot of crap for the BMPCC from people who were total n3wbz and had no idea what the camera actually was. It's just not a Canon Ixus that you point 'n shoot... so like 3DR Solo... I think they are like 'fuck those puny little consumers, let's deal with professionals only... they have deep pockets! And you've got to lure big fish in with big bait!'.