Dealing with multiple audio channels - Premiere

Charlie

Hi all,

Im pretty new to premiere and just wanted to know how other people deal with multiple audio sources of dialogue.

I am creating a project for each scene, then I am creating audio synched sequences and then merging the audio with the video. I will later import the edited scenes in to one master project.

My sound guy used two lavs and a boom for most set ups, do i just pick the best audio and delete the rest???

Cheers!

Capture.JPG

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Cheers, I shouldnt need to ADR.

Its just, depending on the take, one channel might be better than another, so I suppose I could copy the best takes onto a new channel then just mute the main 3 channels, if you understand what i mean!!

You have no scratch audio recorded with the video? Allows syncing with the main video from the start (right click menu). If there is stretch over time then I've found (quite recently despite having it around for ages) to drop all the files for one scene into Plural Eyes, then import the synched sequence in. The latest version does it all inside Premiere apparently. If you have audio drift I think that's the only way to fix that. 

8 hours ago, Orangenz said:

You have no scratch audio recorded with the video? Allows syncing with the main video from the start (right click menu). If there is stretch over time then I've found (quite recently despite having it around for ages) to drop all the files for one scene into Plural Eyes, then import the synched sequence in. The latest version does it all inside Premiere apparently. If you have audio drift I think that's the only way to fix that. 

That is exactly what I have done!....The new Pluraleyes panel is great. That screen grab show the pluraleyes timeline with the scratch audio replaced. Created automatically by Pluraleyes.

You can drag to the same track to have constant audio all the way through. Easier to put constant power crossover when on same track. But that's probably at the end after cutting them all. Deleting bits and pieces from the timeline doesn't delete anything so Im not quite sure what the others are talking about. Almost a multicam setup isn't it? Bound to be a way of recording active tracks while listening which I want to know about. I've got 2 hours of 5 tracks looking at me on the timeline atm :/ Setting it up without PlurEyes would have been a mission.

Why not put everything in the one project? Each shot on a sequence that you nest in the scene sequence which you then nest in the project sequence?

38 minutes ago, Orangenz said:

You can drag to the same track to have constant audio all the way through. Easier to put constant power crossover when on same track. But that's probably at the end after cutting them all. Deleting bits and pieces from the timeline doesn't delete anything so Im not quite sure what the others are talking about. Almost a multicam setup isn't it? Bound to be a way of recording active tracks while listening which I want to know about. I've got 2 hours of 5 tracks looking at me on the timeline atm :/ Setting it up without PlurEyes would have been a mission.

Why not put everything in the one project? Each shot on a sequence that you nest in the scene sequence which you then nest in the project sequence?

Its an OCD thing!!!......I dont like to have to much going on in the same project file. Hurts my brain....hahhaha.

Ive been following this guys workflow method on Youtube, he has the best tutorials ive come across. Straight info, no waffle!.....great channel