Small camera setup for family time

ted69

Hi,

I already have a professional setup with the D750 but was looking for something smaller for family time to document home life, birthdays, going out etc

I wanted it for both stills and video.

There are just so many choices. Some I have looked at are the RX100, LX100, G7X, GoPro 5, GX85, X-T20, LX15 and so on...

It just needs to just work, be novice proof so can hand over to a loved one to capture me in the moment and be good indoors.

The faff of starting another system is a pain but could limit with a few lenses if go down that path.

I did consider a high end phone also such as Pixel XL or iPhone 7 plus with a gimbal but not sure how the footage stacks up in post.

What are you guys using for a smaller setup for non professional shoots?

Thanks,

Ted

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

As you already have invested on a system (Nikon) I wouldn't suggest another one (as usually, even without really need, you will eventually buy more lenses, accessories, etc. It happens all the time with me!).

One little camera I really enjoyed was the LX100. Super pocket able, has most things you will ever need, nice sized sensor for a compact, good lens, and in general an excellent buy. Especially if you can spot one with a real low price.

The only downside is that it will eventually be replaced, but the new one will be very expensive, and of course we don't know when it will arrive.