wheres my gx85 peaking gone?

gethin

I've noticed the last few weeks it seems to be hardly visible even on high. Now I cant see it at all. I'm using a nikon 135 f2.  Even stopped down to 5.6 I get nothing.  Its set to high.  Is there another setting I'm missing?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, gethin said:

I've noticed the last few weeks it seems to be hardly visible even on high. Now I cant see it at all. I'm using a nikon 135 f2.  Even stopped down to 5.6 I get nothing.  Its set to high.  Is there another setting I'm missing?

What do you mean "even on high"? If you want to see more focus peaking set it to low and at a colour that will stand out. Check camera is on manual focus too.

10 minutes ago, gethin said:

yeah but it used to work with non-native lenses (which is where I need it the most) *scratches head*

Focus peaking works with all lenses, native or no. Did you even bother to watch the 2-1/2 minute video?

ok so with peaking set to low, I've just found I can get peaking to show on very high contrast surfaces - the ones that are easiest to focus on anyway. (So for instance a wicker basket edge lit, gets peaking, but an external brick wall does not!!).  I do have an external montior. I think for my shoot tomorrow, I'll have to rig it, and use that.

On that note I'm shooting indoors under weird light - its not fluro its much greener. I've only used the gx85 in a very basic way up to now.  I'm shooting photo style: custom -5 -5 0 -3

I'm likely to be shootin iso 400-800.  I'll be shooting people coming down a slide, so lots of focus pulling, and a bit of hit and miss.  Any suggested settings I should explore?

3 minutes ago, gethin said:

ok so with peaking set to low, I've just found I can get peaking to show on very high contrast surfaces - the ones that are easiest to focus on anyway. (So for instance a wicker basket edge lit, gets peaking, but an external brick wall does not!!).  I do have an external montior. I think for my shoot tomorrow, I'll have to rig it, and use that.

On that note I'm shooting indoors under weird light - its not fluro its much greener. I've only used the gx85 in a very basic way up to now.  I'm shooting photo style: custom -5 -5 0 -3

I'm likely to be shootin iso 400-800.  I'll be shooting people coming down a slide, so lots of focus pulling, and a bit of hit and miss.  Any suggested settings I should explore?

Have you tried using Monochrome Live View? Which color peaking are you using?