Good stabiliser for C100mk 2

Tim Sewell

So I've just sold most of my other gear and bought a C100 mk2 to use for my personal project pleasure (I may do some band vids as well - having a meeting with my sound engineer mate next week). The question is this - I have a Glidecam knock off at the moment that has a great top end, but silly little screw-on weights at the bottom. I was thinking of getting something new anyway but that's now a necessity as it won't really be usable with this camera. I don't want to invest Glidecam money and there are sooo many knock-offs on Amazon in my price range (up to 200GBP) that I'm wary of just sticking a pin in the screen to choose one. Does anyone have any good experiences to report on systems in this price range with a Cinema Eos camera to guide me please?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, it is hard to find something small and reliable for the C100 line, I do believe this camera is much better for handheld, you can built a setup with 5 points of contact to your body which make the camera very steady and reliable, for very steady shots I am using a steadicam flyer, since i really need the arm, otherwise long shots will be a real pain, the camera is not so light as I initially though, anyway, if you have a better solution for steady shots let me know, really interested in a smaller solution….

Wow 200GBP is not going to buy a quality mechanical Glidecam that I know of, not even a used original one which still are the best ones. hijodeibn is right, unless you strip it all the way down and use the 40mm pancake lens they are pretty heavy. And no electronic Gimbal is going to work for less than 600 US dollars even used.

You are right there is 50 knockoffs and 20 original concepts on Amazon. Hell if I know which one to suggest. Stabilazition is a damn expensive thing to buy. I mean you are looking at a Ronin for the top end stuff. I have 2 Came TV Gimbals and neither one would hold a C100.

Maybe I'll have to up my budget a little. I'm not even slightly interested in a electronic gimbal - I basically want something that will allow me to fly the camera for short periods and double as an impromptu monopod - just like the unit I have now does, but suitably sturdier/heavier to deal with the heavier camera. I'll probably be using an adapted Olympus OM 28mm 2.8 that I love, stopped down a little.