Selling the gorgeous and rare Baby Hypergonar Anamorphic Lens

Hunterj11

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Gone very quick :grin: I sold mine about three years ago because I prefer the Baby-Möller. The only thing which is interesting is the 1.75 factor: If you film S8mm you end up in scope format. But the problem is that S8mm is not capable of producing a good scope image. Therefore Möller and Isco decided to go for 1,5 stretch. But don't get me wrong: no bashing here! Baby Hype is nice little lens with loads of character (when you have all clamps and diopters together)

you definitely need the redstan clamp/sleeve but compared to all my iscoramas and kowas and yadda yaddas I think the baby hyper blows them all away in terms of character, sharpness, contrast, and killer crisp flares.  To each his own though of course....focus is what always kills you with these pretend-lenses which is why I tend to use the baby Isco and similar often when just run n gunning.

11 hours ago, Hunterj11 said:

you definitely need the redstan clamp/sleeve but compared to all my iscoramas and kowas and yadda yaddas I think the baby hyper blows them all away in terms of character, sharpness, contrast, and killer crisp flares.  To each his own though of course....focus is what always kills you with these pretend-lenses which is why I tend to use the baby Isco and similar often when just run n gunning.

Well, as I said Hype is nice and little lens but honestly I think your're statemant is... maybe bold? Why did you sell the "Hyper-blower" btw? The biggest problem of the Babies in general is the small rear element. I had those Redstan clamps and they are by far best but I prefer having a proper solution with threads/screws (that makes the Iscoramas so practical - together just a great system including everything you need: Diopters, Iscostat for projection...). These clamps are always somehow annoying if you have to change lenses quickly. The Baby Isco you praise for run and gun is even worse than any double focus solution if you have to change diopters constantly to get a sharp imag I think. But I definately agree: To each his own. :)

23 hours ago, Hunterj11 said:

Selling one of the babies because I have three and don't really need them all.  Two is plenty for my needs and figure there are eager people out there in need of one.  

Ohhhh that is really cool! You can have two lenses mounted and ready to go.

I see your listing on ebay.  I have some questions:  1)  It's dual focus right?  I've seen Ian post it with the Rectilux.  2) Mounting - do you have a redstan or similar clamp?  3)  And I'm not sure how the Rectilux works for mounting or if the Rectilux can be used as the mounting point.  4) Recommended taking lenses?  Especially wide end.  Thanks!