focusing with the hypergonar

hidalgoserra

Hello nice people

i am trying to do some experiments with my hypergonar, but i have some confusion regarding the focus, as i am aware i can focus with both my prime lense and the hypergonar, but for some reasons seems like the anamorphic lense doesnt change anything, except the fact that seems like the bokeh rotate, is that supposed to work like this? or there is some trickery i need to consider?

with diopter i can almost zoom 30 cm from my subject, only focusing with the prime lense, but even there the hypergonare seems to not focus anything...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hello nice people

i am trying to do some experiments with my hypergonar, but i have some confusion regarding the focus, as i am aware i can focus with both my prime lense and the hypergonar, but for some reasons seems like the anamorphic lense doesnt change anything, except the fact that seems like the bokeh rotate, is that supposed to work like this? or there is some trickery i need to consider?

with diopter i can almost zoom 30 cm from my subject, only focusing with the prime lense, but even there the hypergonare seems to not focus anything...

As far as I know you don't have to focus with Hypergonar, because it's an hyperfocal lens.

hey thanks for the help

yes i am using an hypergonar hi fi 2, actually seems that the focus works, but only sligthly comparing it to the prime lense, ive tried going to infiinite and actually works, i need to take familiarity i guess, to answer to Sébastien, well of course you have to focus with both the prime lense and the anamorphic lense :D