Nikon Mystery Solved!

Eric Calabros

On 30 Oct 2016 at 0:32 AM, IronFilm said:

Having FF lenses shouldn't stop you from considering a D500, just buy a Tokina 11-20mm f2.8 and carry on as normal (aside from a small minor mental readjustment in FoV for each lens). 

may be a "small minor mental readjustment" to you but it certainly isn't for me. I don't like my 35mm 1.4 becoming a 52mm.. that means quite a few steps back which isn't always possible in confine spots or certain run & gun situations. And i like working with primes, certainly wouldn't ditch my Nikkor glass for a Tokina zoom.. What I do like is punching in using the FX/DX modes, and this will be even more useful on FF 4K resolution..

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Django said:

may be a "small minor mental readjustment" to you but it certainly isn't for me. I don't like my 35mm 1.4 becoming a 52mm.. that means quite a few steps back which isn't always possible in confine spots or certain run & gun situations. And i like working with primes, certainly wouldn't ditch my Nikkor glass for a Tokina zoom.. What I do like is punching in using the FX/DX modes, and this will be even more useful on FF 4K resolution..

Plus 4K on the D500 is cropped, so you're 35mm would be 70mm plus. 

1 hour ago, Django said:

dear god i forgot about that.. a crop..on a crop..  D500 is a total no-go for me.. i do really like the pro body though (unlike D750).

i really hope the next Nikon FF body will do 4K without crop. again seems only Sony is doing it currently..

Yeah, Nikon is strange with their crops. The D5500 is DX in 24p and 60p, but the D7200 is DX in 24p but adds a crop to 60p? Huh?!