FOR SALE: Iscorama 42

Tito Ferradans

Up for sale is the incredible Iscorama 42. I thought I'd never let this one go, but guess what?
Single focus operation, a little bigger than the 36, the sharpest of all Iscos, multi coated. Front thread is 82mm and rear thread is 67mm. Glass is absolutely perfect, no scratches, no blemishes, no fungus or separation.

Minimum focus is 2m, but that's solved by the complete achromat set that goes with it (SLR Magic +0.33, +1.33 and +1.8), they're all 77mm and I'm including an 82-77mm step down ring. The achromats go in their original boxes and are completely immaculate.

I added a custom-made seamless focus gear to it, that covers the entire span of focus - the front element travels quite a bit, so you're ok while using follow focus too. It also comes with a Redstan clamp at the back, with rear thread of 58mm to attach to taking lenses. Super high quality. It goes with both original front and rear caps.

The ONLY defect in this lens is the fact that the alignment ring is missing its rubber strip. It came like this when I got it, and it never had any effect in my use of it (I actually took months to realize it was missing).

It's vignette free from 50mm and up on full frame (you can get away with a 40mm pancake), and around 35mm on S35. Stretch is 1.5x, which leads to slightly longer-than-cinemascope final output when shooting 16:9

If you want more info, here's my detailed review - http://www.tferradans.com/blog/?p=7633
You can see more photos at - https://www.flickr.com/photos/ferradans/albums/72157669199418791

Price: $3600 shipped.

Payment only through paypal.
You can contact me via PM or at ferradans@gmail.com

_DSC0794.jpg

_DSC0792.jpg

_DSC0789.jpg

_DSC0787.jpg

_DSC0798.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Awesome man. If only that money tree in my backyard hadn't died... Good luck on the sale, should be no problem. Just out of curiosity now that you're selling this super-wanted Isco: do you have any anamorphic gear you will never sell? Or is it all in a flow of buying/using/selling/trying new stuff?

Looking back on all the lenses you seem to have had or handled, you must have a truly unique perspective, so I'm wondering.

7 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Awesome man. If only that money tree in my backyard hadn't died... Good luck on the sale, should be no problem. Just out of curiosity now that you're selling this super-wanted Isco: do you have any anamorphic gear you will never sell? Or is it all in a flow of buying/using/selling/trying new stuff?

Looking back on all the lenses you seem to have had or handled, you must have a truly unique perspective, so I'm wondering.

Thanks! I hope it gets picked up quickly.

I once thought I would never sell my Foton-A, but then I did it. Same happened for my first WS-13, then my second. Then I felt the same way about this Isco42. So far, the only lens that I haven't even considered selling was the Isco pre36 rehoused by Van Diemen, because it was my first truly awesome lens, and also because we went through a lot together - it was in a miserable state when I bought it, so I had to get it polished, then the body was a wreck and I got it rehoused. I've dumped so much money into it that it's kind of pointless selling it now. hahahaha.

I also think my second Foton-A should stay with me for a long time. I'm always looking for something to shoot with it but never have the chance.

My criteria is "it has to be easy to handle and deliver a unique look while respecting high quality standards". It's easy to fit lots of lenses into this description, but some of them feel more special.

Buying and selling lately acquired a different meaning for me.