Fs100 in 2015

BrorSvensson

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, BrorSvensson said:

Seeing as the FS100 can be found for as low as 700$ on the used market it is really a compelling option if you dont need 4k. 

If anyone have used one how do you find it? Is the 1080p any sharper than the other 1080p sonys and hows the dynamic range?

Wow, that's quite a deal - I've not seen one for under £1000 in the UK, and I've been keeping half an eye out for one.

15 minutes ago, BrorSvensson said:

Seeing as the FS100 can be found for as low as 700$ on the used market it is really a compelling option if you need 4k. 

If anyone have used one how do you find it? Is the 1080p any sharper than the other 1080p sonys and hows the dynamic range?

if you are interested here's the link. Its an swedish site.

http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Sony_FS100_HD_video_camera__Super35_sensor_65683421.htm?ca=22&w=3

Just now, Mattias Burling said:

I saw it to :)

Ive had it. Its a nice camera. Weak codec but nice.
The great thing is that you can dial in some nice PPs that doesn't need any grading.

i've been looking at getting one after this summer, i have given up on waiting for a 4k 60p camera to show up for an affordable price so getting a sharp 1080p60 camera like this is the best bet for me. 

Did you mess around with the Glog setting? i've heard you can get some decent DR

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Double also gets you a C100. 

Btw, anybody else notice something about the header of this thread? :)

Yes...  "s" is lower case when it should be uppercase like this: FS100 

Also he is a time traveler from the past who has traveled into the future to ask us about a camera. Very sensible move! I always try to do the same before buying my cameras as hindsight is golden.

• Super Members
1 minute ago, IronFilm said:

Yes...  "s" is lower case when it should be uppercase like this: FS100 

Also he is a time traveler from the past who has traveled into the future to ask us about a camera. Very sensible move! I always try to do the same before buying my cameras as hindsight is golden.

That actually is a genius move. Wonder why I havent thought about doing that before... :)

I still use my FS100 a lot... There's just something about the quality of the footage that is classic and clean. Below are two videos I did with the FS. The cam is light, and despite being plasticky, it's a workhorse and can take a beating (mine has). It can be used with a super minimal set-up too, which comes in handy for low budget projects where you want quality but need to move quickly / no permit etc. The FS100 + E-mount 35mm or 50mm lens is only a little bigger than a DSLR- And with the flip LCD screen on top, you can shoot from the belly/lap and be pretty discrete. Also a huge plus if you need good sound, you can go directly into cam (XLR). 

* I should add that some of the desert B-roll in the first video (shot out of the car) was with an A7S. Everything else with the actors was FS. I think the FS footage looks better.