Which is best on a budget?

dreamplayhouse

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Is spending another couple of hundred dollars for a monitor like the Aputure FineHD VS-2 in your budget? 

As that would be my top reason to go for a GH2 over a GH1, for the live HDMI out 

Otherwise, as you're on an extremely limited budget... get the Panasonic GH1 instead.

Then the RJ Lens Turbo plus a few Nikon F mount lenses.

But if your budget stretches to a G6 then that is very worthwhile. I have that one as well. The only big bummer if that one is it too lacks Live HDMI out. 

Oh yeah - the Hacked GH2 with MOON T-7!
Still blows me AWAY at how detailed an image it gives. POW! Shoot it like everyone else does - with the SMOOTH profile and everything set to -2.
Then boost your saturation and balance out your contrast in post and it's pretty amazing.
The only reason I don't use them more often is because I can get the higher dynamic range with my Blackmagic cameras. (That cost a lot more!)

Yeah - Add a cheap Mitakon Nikon-to-MFT Version 2 speedbooster and it's ready to really rock! Beats my 2 canon T2i by an enormous amount. Not just a little.

P.S. Make sure you get that speedbooster - it makes THAT MUCH difference. Simply monster.

Oh - my camera list:
GH2 (x2), Canon T2i, Canon 6D, Sony RX100 mkii, Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (x3), Samsung NX1.

Are you using external audio? If so, a GX7 might work well for you. Better low light and DR than the GH2, and the articulating viewfinder is surprisingly nice for tripod/monopod work. It's not as sharp, though, and lacks mic and headphone jacks. 

Otherwise, I'll second Stewart and steer you toward the GH2. Great image with the hack (Sanity is nice if you don't want the Moon file sizes) and a proven production workhorse. Plus, the multi-aspect sensor means you get a 1.3x crop with the speed booster! Pretty nifty.