I Am Who I Am

Gabor

This is the first movie i ever made, basically still learning cinematography. The movie has been shot on the Sony A7s in log mode, with Atomos Shogun for 4K resolution. Air footage was shot with DJI Phantom 3 professional. Edited in Final cut pro. The trailer is also available to watch in 4K.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's epic!  

Especially with all those areal shots.  

Is it almost too epic?

It's very very pretty, but I almost feel it should be more grounded.  Literally.  But that's me, my opinion about aerials ain't what it used to be.  Nevertheless, I am very impressed with the visuals regardless of how you've implemented them in your final cut.

It is truly cool that a talented newbie can grab off the shelf consumer gear and create motion picture images that rival anything you'd see from a pro.  If that doesn't put the fear of god (pardon the pun) into DP's, I don't know what would.

I mean, I'm assuming you're newbies...but when a guy is named "Jimy J. Hollywood" who knows?

Still, how did your story turn out, ultimately?  Do you like the narrative you created?

Hi,

Thanks very much for your comments. I am the newbie only, Jimy J Hollywood is a “nick” name for my friend who did directed music videos in Hungary.
The full movie/story is still on the editing table and we are expecting it to be finished around december. 
We do love our characters and the narrative part because of what they are saying!!! 

Gabor

• 4 weeks later...