Edit raw on windows?

markm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

this is total guess work, as i'm not 100% sure as what i takes to playback/edit raw, but i would say you should plan on getting a desktop replacement level laptop. ssd replacing the standard hdd, replace the optical drive with that said hdd drive (or a big ssd) for your cache. a top end mobile video card. usb 3.0 (or some other fast transfer speed i/o port). at least 8gb of ram. quad core processor. probably going to want an external raid array or two for your media files (i'd have one with mirrored disks for redundancy/back up and one with the data spread across several disks for speed/editing). all in all, i think you'd probably end up just barely able to work with raw files. why not build/buy a workstation?

would be nice to have a Maximus config with CS6.  Was thinking of upgrading to a K5000 vs. the 2000 I have, or buy a Tesla GPU for the 2000 I already have.  Then I upgrade to a 6000 later on for cheap.  Then again the K5000 has more than a 1000 cores running already.  

In preparation of the BMCC eventually making its way to me, I just had a pretty serious PC built, that way I'm not just staring at an amazing camera and no way to connect the dots.

What are the specs?

I was thinking of going for :

i7-3820

GTX 690 4GB

32GB ram

@$2500

+ Dell ultra-sharp 27'