Blackmagic Video Assist is now shipping!

IronFilm

Just received mine.

None of my sd card is working. Except for lexar 633x 64GB wich does appear, but I can't record on it and it is failing when I try to format it within the video assist.

It is sad because I bought two 128GB card B&H suggested with the Video Assist, but it was my mistake to trust. But it does work with my C100 mk1, so I can record literally 24 hours non-stop in avchd :)

Hard to say if it work well with the suggested SD card that I don't have... but overall the firmware in the device is thin, or I could say, unfinished.

I would never rely on BMD camera and accessories to make my business investment. They are unable to respect their timeline and deliver unfinished product. They do give you good value for the money. They are just to rushed for their capacities to deliver.

I will use it as a monitor for the moment, it is a pretty nice screen, responsive to my touch, so I imagine with an updated firmware it could be effective.

Do I regret? Naaa, even just as a monitor, it is a fair deal. 

Best regards

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

I would never rely on BMD camera and accessories to make my business investment. They are unable to respect their timeline and deliver unfinished product.

My tip, dont make business investments with unreleased gear, period. Not bmd not Sony not Canon. Its a dissaster whaiting to happen.

If someone pulled a stunt like that where I work they would be freelance before lunch