New Optina 1" sensor offers 4:4:4

hoodlum

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Unfortunately, the Aptina Sensor found itself on the 'Nikon 1' Series, which has cameras, which shoot pictures, comparable with the earlier generation of smartphones and videos, which are pretty lousy too. Also, the price tag, would make one wonder, why Nikon even bothered to try and compete with far better cameras around.
On paper, though, the Aptina Sensors seem promising. Maybe, in the hands of some other camera manufacturer, they would do justice to their specs.

[quote name='sanveer' timestamp='1349768791' post='19510']
Unfortunately, the Aptina Sensor found itself on the 'Nikon 1' Series, which has cameras, which shoot pictures, comparable with the earlier generation of smartphones and videos, which are pretty lousy too. Also, the price tag, would make one wonder, why Nikon even bothered to try and compete with far better cameras around.[/quote]
Thats what we photographers/filmmakers think of it.. Soccer mom's have no idea, the Nikon 1 is selling very well. 55% CSC market share in the Netherlands (according to Nikon's own figures).

[quote name='Julian' timestamp='1349773806' post='19517']
Thats what we photographers/filmmakers think of it.. Soccer mom's have no idea, the Nikon 1 is selling very well. 55% CSC market share in the Netherlands (according to Nikon's own figures).
[/quote]

Hahaha ... Seriously ??? Maybe, its High time, they joined a photographer's/ video shooter's forum ... :P

http://www.nikon.com/about/ir/ir_library/result/qa/2012_3q/index.htm

Q: What can you tell about the sales of the Nikon 1 series?

A: Although we received some negative feedback in connection with the size of the image sensor for Nikon 1 at the time of launch, as customers experienced the quality of the AF response time, movie recording, picture quality and body size, the Nikon 1 has been highly appreciated. As a result, the J1 model achieved top market share in the United States, from 11 countries across Europe and in China for the month of December and we believe this product will trigger steady demand in so-called mirrorless interchangeable lens camera market. We plan to continue to expand on this market by adding more attractive features and building on our product lineup in the future.

Anyway.. I'd love a beefed up Nikon 1 for video. At first I was disappointed with the crop factor, but actually it's pretty fun with C-mount glass and other exotic stuff. If it would have the video quality of a GH2 or video specs like this new sensor it would be killer :)

More likely is a V2 with some fancy art filters and minimal updates :(

Nikon's figures are from directly after its release. They did gangbuster sales for the first month, I think, simply on the strength of the Nikon name. As far as I know from my retail contacts, the V1/J1's sales fell off a cliff not long after launch. Granted, this info only applies to the US.