3.2K 13" Tablet (Android AND Win8)

ScreensPro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

What are the inputs on it?

USB 3.0 for transferring raw from CF to an external 2.5" HDD on location would be very useful.

HD input would be even more useful = 3.2K field monitor.

However knowing Samsung it probably has neither :)

BTW I think tablets are massively overrated. I only ever used my iPad for games. Macbook Air is about the same size and weight but WAY more useful creatively.

BTW I think tablets are massively overrated. I only ever used my iPad for games. Macbook Air is about the same size and weight but WAY more useful creatively.

Yep, I was looking at the similar $999 pricepoints for Macbook Air and iPad and was thinking just how much more I can do on Air with a full-fledged OS. Plus, if it doesn't work you can always cut stuff with it. I know Boris would.

boris.jpg

It has one USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port, plus micro HDMI and a 128GB SSD.

Don't forget this has Win8 though, so has a proper OS that could run some great software (it also has a dockable keyboard, making it similar to a macbook air). Way more than just a tablet.

samsung-ativ-q_610x458.jpg

• Administrators

I can cut footage in Premiere and OSX on a Macbook Air - I still don't see what makes it unique aside from the screen resolution.

Let's wait and see if it has any special uses beyond what is already on the market.

I can cut footage in Premiere and OSX on a Macbook Air - I still don't see what makes it unique aside from the screen resolution.

Let's wait and see if it has any special uses beyond what is already on the market.

Well, the screen IS what sets it aside..... checking your 4K focus could be a dream on this, if the right inputs/software is available

plus... it'll be 60% the price of a macbook air

• Administrators

It could be useful with a PointGrey camera module via USB 3.0.

But the production 4K stuff like Blackmagic will need Thunderbolt, Scarlet will need an HD-SDI input, and this doesn't have any HD input at all. HDMI output only.

When will they wise up and do the obvious...

Monitor software + HDMI input!

i remember my old hvx200 had a great firewire app that let me focus, control and adjust via laptop... These manufacturers should get on the ball and let us get a feed from the usb3 so we can use mega cheap tablets as monitors.

hopefully a few more wifi monitoring options will come out too.