New Zeiss Zoom Lens

jgharding

The new Compact Zoom CZ.2 28-80/T2.9

Very expenses glass, hire not buy for nearly everyone.

A highlight here is when our man says "Life Of Pea"

The bonus with the CP series is they cover full frame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EheFirewiQM

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Aren't the Contax N-mount about a £1000 or so second hand? This is 14,000 Euros, so it wouldn't be cheaper to buy, though of course you could hire.

I've not tried those Contax N zooms, I use a 28-85mm f3.3-4 quite a lot, use it as a walk arou8nd for video and Contax film stills. It's actually much better than many would think!

There's a 35-70 that's constant f3.4 aperture but less versatile in range obviously. I wanted the range...

Still beats Canon L IMO...

These cinema lenses are certainly nice, but the margin must be huge on them. They all seem to be derived from photographic lenses and the Cinema EOS cine lenses I've tried all breathe!

Last night a Canon rep was telling me that the new Canon 35mm Cine prime had been redesigned for less breathing, but my question to him was if the optics were improved over the rather soft 35mm 1.4 L lol, so I assume it's still their old photo lenses rehoused which I refuse to believe are much better than Samyang ;-P

True facts! Mr Duclos has an interesting blog on such things here

http://matthewduclos.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/cp2vszf2/

Where he concludes they are indeed the same thing, but with standardised 300-degree focus, and standardised (in some cases  limited) 145-blade aperture compared to the photographic ones.

I have ideed shot with my own old Contax versions and the CP2s. The CP2s are nicer to use, the colour tone is a little different, and the bokeh is smoother due to the number and shape of blades. The final look is pretty much the same though.

What I don't get is this: I have a 1953 Kuribiyashi 50mm F2. It has a clickless and perfectly round aperture. Seems like we took a backward step, and now such things are sold as a premium feature!

Plenty of Canon obsessives won't accept that the cine lenses aren't much different to L glass, but I mean... come on... this is a company that put the same sensor in like 7 cameras. Jesus...

As with the Zeiss though, the zooms appear to have some models that aren't availablefor standard photography, like the Canon 30-300 Cine zoom and this Zeiss 28-80 and 70-200 zooms.

You can't get them for normal cameras yet, though I'd be surprised if they don't come out eventually.

LOL@ £39,000 http://www.parkcameras.com/21885/Canon-CN-E30-300mm-T2-95-3-7-L-S----EF-Mount-.html?referrer=Froogle&gclid=CJvY-JKPsbYCFeXLtAodmzIA6Q

Plenty of Canon obsessives won't accept that the cine lenses aren't much different to L glass, but I mean... come on... this is a company that put the same sensor in like 7 cameras. Jesus...

While I agree that I'd like a new Canon APS-C sensor they are not the worst offenders for reusing the same sensor.  Sony for example has used their 16MP APS-C sensor in not only more than 8 Sony branded cameras but also in a few other manufacturers as well.  I assume this is what's forcing Canon to maximize the life span of their own 18MP APS-C, so that they can better compete with Sony.  Also Canon reuses that sensor in cheaper camera bodies like the Rebels and the 100D/SL1 while Sony is reusing theirs in increasingly expensive bodies such as the VG30 and EA50.