Does Audition CC (and Premiere) support the 6 core i7 5820k?

Dan Wake

Hello dears,

does Audition CC support the 6 core CPU? I wish to buy the intel i7 5820k CPU (six core), I need to know if Audition will use all the six CPU cores please.

I will use it under windows 10 64bit (or win 7 64bit).

I need to know it also for Premiere Pro CC, Pro Tools 10HD, and Davinci Resolve 11 please. 

I ask for Audition and Pro Tools 10HD first because sound design for film is my first activity today. Actually I'm working only with Audition CC and I need a new PC to complete my project, because my old PC is not enough powerful to handle it. This film is more long than one hour, hundred of uncompressed wav files, real time effects, a lot of tracks, video playback. So I'm going to buy this new PC with i7 six core CPU 5820k. I need only to know if Audition (and other softwares) are able to work with all the six cores, because if they can't (if they only handle less core, or only 1 threat/core) there is no logic to spend a lot of money on a 6 core CPU and I will save my money.

thx a lot!!!!

Dan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have this CPU and Premiere Pro definitely uses all 6 cores.  However if you're editing 4K h264 material don't expect blazing speeds.  See this thread for more info: http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/18802-fast-4k-editing-on-osx-and-windows-10/

I need 4k RAW is this CPU enough for average performance? 

do you suggest to me another CPU in the same range of price?

thx!

thx a lot for your help, I have finally got the configuration list. 

ccow.jpg

unfortunately I cant afford the cost of a better GPU today. Can I still edit RAW video in 4k with the GPU in the list (nvidia gtx750ti 2gb)? for now I can be satisfied even raw video @1080p will it work average?

thx!

are you from Italy?

I have the same cpu. very good and fast.

I advise you to get 4 modules of ram. x99 can handle quad channel memory.

si italiano! anche tu?

I'll get 4 modules for quad channel thx for the advice!

guys do you believe that this CPU could handle editing RAW 8K ("for tomorrow")? 

thx again!