Mixing legacy lenses?

/p/

I want to buy some old "legacy" lenses, I already own a Nikon 50mm f/1.2 and 200mm f/4 from my parents old film days. I am also looking at some older Olympus/Minolta/Pentax lenses since they seem to be A LOT cheaper than their Nikkor equivalents.

My question is, I know certain brands of lenses have their own aesthetic.. Will switching between brands of lenses be very noticeable? Since you're supposed to "shoot flat" for video then grade in posts (I don't currently do this - I plan to learn) does that get rid of most of the image aesthetic each lens has and make it easy to match the look/color balance/clarity etc of all the shots? Or will the specific look of each lens come through even when grading?

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It still comes through in the way it renders. It's very subtle. Try and find a comparison between a Leica lens and something else online. You'll usually be able to pick the Leica because it "feels" more "3D". Bizarre. 

Sometimes people use matched sets, sometimes they mix and match, it depends what you want to do. You certainly cut many different lenses and cameras together though, it's not colour rendition that varies so wildly, but bokeh, sense of depth, micro-contrast etc...

I shoot with legacy lenses most of the time now and Ive not had any issues

you do get colour tinge differances as different glass formulation are warmer ot cooler in tone

Zeiss have a warm look , Fujinon are more cool blue tinged etc

but you can correct all this grading in post

its not an issue

what ^^^they said. 

lens nuts and pixel peepers will notice but considering the amount of post that goes into even the most amateur of productions, chances are it wont be that big a deal.

you can even mix new modern sphericals with old vintage anamorphics with a vintage taking lens and blend them enough to not be a big deal.