Canon EOS-M mirrorless unveiled - Return of the EF-M system

Andrew Reid

Film at 3200 ISO would look way worse than that, and it didn't stop great cinematographers from making 100 years worth of amazing cinema history. If you want your footage to look good, you must light it well, there's no way around it, and it's a step most DSLR filmmakers skip right past.

I agree Canon is not delivering what they could and should, but the focus should go into the main issues. I'd be glad with this low light performance from the T4i /650D if the aliasing and rolling shutter issues had been fixed, and it had a better codec.

The Blackmagic camera seems to be great and I'm dying to get my hands on one, but you must agree that if Canon gets their act together with a new 7D (resolution, rolling shutter, aliasing and codec improvements mostly), it could make spending 3k plus on the BMD camera way less appealing.

I totally agree with you that Canon is not delivering what it could, however I still have some hope left :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Have you looked at the prices? $799 for the "kit", $199 for the EF adapter, and that crummy little external flash ($150!!) because they couldn't fit one on there? Seriously Canon, you're just out there to gouge every last penny out of your "loyal" customers! I'm sick with Canon and their super inflated pricing. Late to the party with mirrorless, and now ever the more clueless. Maybe Canon lost out on their best engineers and thinkers, because their tech is stagnant and their pricing ridiculous!!

After reading this article it just reminds me of all the drama that comes with Canon's greed and crippling of products. I just got my Sony FS700 last week and I am so HAPPY to be rid of Canon's drama and under deliveries. FS700 is a really good camera and I was happy to buy it because you get what you pay for, unlike Canon.

As for the mirror-less mount making it into the C-Cameras, I wouldn't count on it. That's too forwards thinking for Canon and might impact their bread and butter sales of EOS lenses, and that is Canon's only concern is how to make money in the here and now, and not think about the future and what makes their loyal customer's happy.

As for a camera that goes below the $15K C300? Not sure what can go below it as it's already so under-spec'd. They cannot add 4K or proper 60p slow motion because then it would over-shadow the C300, so that leaves them with very little options. The only logical thing to do would be to slash the C300s price and make that the low-end Cinema camera, where it really should sit.

I'm so happy to not have to buy Canon's S#i+ anymore (unless they actually release something good).