Night shot NTSC for broadcast PAL

bristo

Hi,

I have a little problem and I do not know the best way to deal with it.

I have to shoot a video in  "NTSC" countries with day video and night video, the final video is for a TV in europe and will be broadcasted in 25P.

My concern is for the night videos, I already started the project and off course I have black lines while shooting 25 p with artificial light in my street night videos and I hate that.

Would it be preferable to shoot the entire project in 30P then convert it later in 25P????

Thank you for your help.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If the final export is in 25p, you might as well shoot 25p to begin with. Then sync up your shutter speed/angle to that of the country you're in. So in stead of using 1/50th in a PAL country, use 1/60th for a NTSC one, it ul make it in sync with the 60HZ. Should do the trick.

I also wonder if there is a way to sort things about artificial light. 

There is, but it depends on what sort of AC current frequency you're sending or is being sent to those lights.  

The only way I've found to diminish light strobing without adjusting the shooting frame rate is to decrease your shutter speed to 0°.  Doesn't get rid of it, but makes it less noticeable.  Almost imperceptible dependent on the type of shot you're doing.

Then conform the 24p clips to your 25p timeline.

It's a fine idea.  I'd even conform 30p to 25p, but only if it's the type of shots that don't require sync to voice.  The slight bit of slow-mo you get when doing this looks rather nice too.

I've shot characters in film narratives at 30p knowing that I'd conform down to 24p, simply to exploit the aesthetic of it.