C mount - gh2

BIoodBrother

Hi, I'm trying to buy a cheap, wide, fast lense for my gh2.

Since I am not yet willing to spend 300 or 500euros for the 14mm 2.8 or the Noktor SLR Magic, I was thinking about one of those Andrew-recommended c-mount alternatives ( http://www.eoshd.com/content/579/group-test-fast-wides-for-filmmaking-on-the-gh2-including-computar-12-5mm-f1-3 ), but I can't seem to find them on ebay or anywhere else...

Could you help me out or where did you guys buy yours, if you have one of the two?

Cheers, Jules

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
You can pick up the Panasonic Pancake 14mm at good prices. I bought mine for £130 on ebay.co.uk . Some camera shops split the kits so they have brand new unused lenses, when people want just the zoom. Just look for a reputable camera shop. very happy with mine.

Martin

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ernitec-6-12mm-Manual-Iris-Vari-Focal-Lens-/271004400412?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item3f191efb1c"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f191efb1c[/url]

[b] [size=3]Ernitec 6-12mm Manual Iris Vari Focal Lens[/size][/b]

FAST.... F1.4 !
cheap and very good for the money
I got this last week and its great to use!

C MOUNT ....SO USE IN EX TELE MODE

• Administrators
That 6-12mm won't cover the sensor. In Ex-Tele mode it won't be wide. I've had no end of pain with c-mount stuff so I recommend avoiding them for now. The only one that came close to being usable was the Computar 12mm F1.3 but that vignettes slightly so you still have to crop in post and lose a bit of resolution. 1800x720 would do the trick.

The cheapest options are - 14mm F2.5 Lumix pancake (it is nowhere near 300 euros you can get it in a GF2 kit for that!!) or the more expensive 20mm F1.7 pancake with wide angle adapter.

I've had alot of fun with this lens
it's sharp stopped down , it takes arty funky images , it flares very easily which I like for pop videos and looks nice,
Yes it doesn't fill the sensor in normal mode ,
but it does work in EX TELE mode and is a useful effect lens and is cheap and cheerful only 10 UK pounds...a bargin
which is the price of a lens cap,
I do like cheap funky lenses for certain effects , I've got a bag full of them
that I may only use on one shot or set up for a shoot to get a certain look.

• 1 month later...
Hi, thanks for your responses so far.
Well I decided to buy a computar 12,5mm f1.3 and since it turned out to be a auto.iris apc lens, with a cable on it, I guess that I can't use that one.

Now, I'm back to zero, because I don't have what I want the most, a fast, wide angled lens for my GH2.

If it's cheap, it'll be c-mount and in that case, I want it to be 3/2, so it doesn't vignette too much, and of course, I want the picture to be sharp (of which the vimeo-cosmicar 12.5mm f 1,3-footage didn't really convince me yet).

Still, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW AND WHERE I CAN PURCHASE THE COMPUTAR 12,5mm f 1,3 without the cable on it or is there a new and alternative solution for less than 150Euros on the market?!

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='andy lee' timestamp='1342206406' post='13828']
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ernitec-6-12mm-Manual-Iris-Vari-Focal-Lens-/271004400412?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item3f191efb1c"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f191efb1c[/url]

[b] [size=3]Ernitec 6-12mm Manual Iris Vari Focal Lens[/size][/b]

FAST.... F1.4 !
cheap and very good for the money
I got this last week and its great to use!

C MOUNT ....SO USE IN EX TELE MODE
[/quote]

6mm in EXtele mode. How wide is that? Could you maybe post some footage?
And Andrew also said that you had to be careful, especially with the c-mount screw-zooms since you can easily destroy the sensor, ergo the cam... Is that not the case?

I'm sorry, I gotta bump that - [b]Computar 12,5mm f1,3[/b] (can't find it/nothing on ebay), [b]Noktor SLR Magic 12mm f1,6[/b] and [b]Pana 14mm f2,5 [/b]my [b]only options[/b]? No one out there wants to tell me about the real deal, that doesn't vignette too much (if c-mount), has a beautiful wide image and is the sh*t for less than 200bucks?!!

Hi, a cheap alternative is to use a wide angle converter. I bought 1 (on ebay) an Olympus Wcon-08b which screwed onto my 14-140mm. It is a big piece of glass, heavy, but gives good results. It made my lens an 11.2mm lens.
Cheers, Rob

[quote name='RobD' timestamp='1347223007' post='17656']
Hi, a cheap alternative is to use a wide angle converter. I bought 1 (on ebay) an Olympus Wcon-08b which screwed onto my 14-140mm. It is a big piece of glass, heavy, but gives good results. It made my lens an 11.2mm lens.
Cheers, Rob
[/quote]

Do you use a step up ring? Would that be a good wide angle converter for the pana 20mm f1.7?

[quote name='BIoodBrother' timestamp='1347234234' post='17669']
Do you use a step up ring? Would that be a good wide angle converter for the pana 20mm f1.7?
[/quote]
I don't use a step up ring. It is a 62mm thread which screws straight onto the 14-140 lens. I don't know what filter thread the 20mm has.
Cheers, Rob