Anamorphic Newbie Test Part 2

Aragonnarun

Hi guys,

I did another test on my new anamorphic lens a few weeks ago and uploaded on Vimeo. It was a quick walk next to a river in the city and it was quite difficult to shoot without a lens support.

Anyway, I squeezed the video for better quality in vimeo to 1920*720, and exported in 20,000 kps bit rate. However, after I uploaded to vimeo, the quality is so terrible that I don't even want to share the link with my friends. I'm just wondering why did this happen and what are the best video uploading settings you guys are using for vimeo. In China, we have a famous video website which gives you the option to view the original uncompressed video aka 'original quality'. Are there any cool international websites like this?

Here's the vimeo link for the second test: https://vimeo.com/128875666. By the way, part 1 of this test is here: http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/8537-a-newbies-test-kowa-for-bh-2x-anamorphic/

thanks in advance

Aragon

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you pay the fee to upgrade your Vimeo membership to a Plus or Pro account, you can upload your videos in higher resolution and then make 1080p the default HD stream for playback (rather than 720p). Also if you enable downloads to your videos, people can download and view your 'native' resolution of your uploaded file.

...or just upload your highest resolution file to YouTube and let the viewer (or their bandwidth) decide what quality to choose for playback, it allegedly supports up to 8k now.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks a lot, Hans, I moved the video to Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMUlVT1Mefg

Now the quality looks much better than the free version of vimeo. 

If you pay the fee to upgrade your Vimeo membership to a Plus or Pro account, you can upload your videos in higher resolution and then make 1080p the default HD stream for playback (rather than 720p). Also if you enable downloads to your videos, people can download and view your 'native' resolution of your uploaded file.

...or just upload your highest resolution file to YouTube and let the viewer (or their bandwidth) decide what quality to choose for playback, it allegedly supports up to 8k now.

How can you access YouTube in China?  Need some trick?  As I know, Vimeo is not accessible too.

​There's a magical thing called VPN here. After you connect to their servers, you can visit all the sites freely. In some ways, blocking some of the foreign sites creates many jobs for these VPN providers I guess. lol. Vimeo is accessible, but it's a bit slow.