Nikon to e mount wich a adapter did you choose?

sqm

Hey guys,

in between the next 2-3 days i´ll be a happy a7s + tokina 28-70 ageniuex version owner ( paid 1800€ in total :) )

So my question is what adapter do you use?

Probably one of the best would be the novoflex with "iris control" but its damn expensive 170€. (more than i paid for the lens...)

Or do you have good experience with cheaper ones, im worried about the weight of the tokina, it almost weight twice as much as the a7s.

Suggestions are welcome :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The Tokina has aperture control on the lens so you don't need a Nikon F/G adapter.

Kipon makes one for about €75. Metabones has one for around €100, that one also has a built in tripod collar, which is nice for the A7S + 28-70mm combination I think.

I haven't used either of them, but I would expect the Metabones to be very good and I have good experiences with Kipon.

The tripod collar is really nice, but i´ve heard not such good things about the metabones, hard edges coasing scratches on the body and so on.

Further the buildquality seems better on the novoflex, in germany the price difference betwoon both is minimal.

have been using metabones nikon to E mount on A7S, both with and without aperture control
both work good

used it in FF with sigma 12-24,  nikon 24-85 ED, sigma 50 2.8 macro, samyang 80 1.4, nikon 80-400, nikon 200 f4 micro  all fine

and in APS-C mode, with nikon 10-24 and nikon18-200  just works