Matching BMPCC and LX100

Turboguard

So I'm shooting a portrait based mini series and I only own two cameras, the BMPCC and the LX100.

I don't have access to the LX100 at the moment because my partner brought it on a business trip but I wonder how hard it will be to match them. 

Never shot video with the LX100 yet, but I need a cut-away angle and it's my only option.

Anyone ever tried this option?

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Caveat: I don't own either.

However, I've had to match many cameras before.

Trick is to first nail your white balance with a proper grey card (do this religiously, in the full light that your subject's faces will be reflecting) and THEN shoot a colour card (in the same place your grey card was). The LX100, from what I've seen, looks pretty good. Shoot it with settings as close to the final look as you can, and shoot the BMPCC in either RAW if you have the time or ProRes if you don't. You won't go wrong either way, since the LX100 will be "driving" the look as it will be more limited in it's ability to adapt in post. As long as you find a setting in the LX100 that looks close to what you intend to end up with, you'll be great, since the BMPCC can really stretch to match it. However, the LX100 can be made to adapt pretty well to the look you want to begin with. Try playing with the photo settings, and then fine-tune contrast, saturation, etc. to get to where you want.

The pros do test shots with both cameras under a variety of settings, then match in post and see what works the best for them. This is highly recommended for anybody trying to get two cameras of different ilk to work together.

And don't forget to control your lighting as much as possible. Help the camera out rather than forcing it to deal with high-contrast situations it may not be suitable for.

Thanks for your reply. 

I'm definitely going to play around with both when my partner comes back with the LX100 this weekend. I did my first portrait with the BMPCC in RAW, and for my 2min piece I ended up with 126Gb of footage, so I'm going to go ProRes on this for now. 

Again, thanks!