GH4/DSLR rig and should I shoot with a monitor or EVF?

wanghubie

Hey all! I am new here. I just got a GH4 and am trying to set up a full rig. I am thinking of getting the CAME TV GH4 rig which is right here http://www.came-tv.com/cametv-dslr-cage-for-gh4-sony-a7s-5d-mark-iii-p-401.html I would love to hear what you guys think of it.

Now I am wondering wether I should get a monitor or a EVF. I want to shoot my next project with the anamorphic 2.35 or 2.39:1 aspect ratio, and I quickly realized it limits my option to pretty much the SmallHD monitors. I am looking  for something with a reasonable price, so the AC7 seems to be one. However, I am also looking at EVF and the Z-Finder pro from Zacuto seems to be one of the best ones out there.

I want to build a strong rig that will last me a while. I have a decent budget, but it is not limitless. I would love to hear what all your thoughts are! One more question, will I be able to run both the monitor and the EVF at the same time?

Thank you!!

-Hubert

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

why do you need an EVF when the GH4 has a superb oled EVF built in it!!

Just use that

I use it all the time on my rig - build your rig so the camera is in the correct place for your eye on the EVF .

I cannot shoot without using the built in evf its superb - dial in the diopter to suit your eye and you will never have any focus issue every again ...its that good!

I realized the website doesn't show the full rig, I am building the right thats shown in this video by Tom Antos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjoxIL3IQOs But thanks for the feed back.

Andy, I know the gh4 has a great evf but it really limits my position when I am shooting of the go, I am also looking for something that can give me the 2.35:1 frame line.