3:55:1 anamorphic overlay

joshelgar

Hello allwould anyone be able to help me out

I'm going to be making a short film using my proskar 2x anamorphic lens, problem is it doesn't focus to less than 1.5m and I'm going to be making it on the cheap and for some of the close up shots I'm thinking of using my 50mm, but there lyes the problem of not having or unable to use a 3:55:1 anamorphic crop mark overlay I've found ,for FCP7. I've tired to make the white transparent in Photoshop but it just wont work. Would anyone be able to help me out?

Thanks

Josh

post-35545-0-80419000-1413294828_thumb.p

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hello, sorry for the late reply, yeah I normally just out it over the clip in FCP but the white isn't transparent for some reason. 

Thank you both though! I really appreciate it!

It's been years since I touched FCP.
I suspect what may be happening is that FCP is not nativity recognizing the alpha (transparent) section, so you will have to tell it to do what you want - i.e keep black, see through white.

Click on the crop mark overlay in your timeline to select - then go to the modify option in your menu bar. There, go down to "alpha type" and choose "straight"

That should work.