"Mount question"

snou

Hello, I'm new to the community. 
I would like your opinion and help because i don't know the answer. 
First to say that i'm interested to buy the Panasonic GH4, but here's the problem. I already have available some lenses Canon EF-mount. My mainly question is, what mount will need? Can you tell from the cheapest to most expensive.
Thank you..

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

In such a case, a Metabones Speed Booster EF to mFT would be the ideal, and the most expensive solution. 

There are also cheaper focal reducing adapters like the Lens Turbo, costing under $200 or thereabouts. But you generally get what you pay for. 

Another cheaper option is a glassless lens mount with electronic contacts, made by Metabones and some others.  They don't change the focal length (perceived field of view) of the lens, so the 2x crop factor of the mFT system would remain the same.

Then there are at least half a dozen or more different brands for basically the same thing, a simple lens adapter to mount a Canon EF lens onto a mFT body. With no electronic contacts, fully manual everything, from $12 or so upwards. Again, you get what you pay for, so the priciest ones are usually better made than the cheapest generic ones.

Which one to get, that's up to you, whatever fits your needs and wishes.

Quirky i want to really thank you for all the information you give. I have post the same question in similar forums but anybody help me in this subject.

So i'm searched about the Metabones Speed Booster but i didn't find mount like EF to MFT they only have FD to MFT.

But i found Kipon EOS to MFT mount that is cheap and with aperture control.

Thank you again...i will search more about this.

Im using Canon 24-105 F4 EF Mount on a Lens Turbo Zhyongi EF- Micro 4/3 speedbooster and it is great very sharp superb images no issues at all,  The Lens Turbos are great they work very well and have very good glass in them , makes your image alot sharper wider and faster by one stop

Right i search this and i find it with another name Mitakon Lens Turbo EF - m4/3 i saw some test its very good for a low price mount. But we all wait for a new release of EF-m4/3 with electronic contact, we all want auto-focus etc will work automatically. If someone have any idea about this please drop it here thank you..

But we all wait for a new release of EF-m4/3 with electronic contact, we all want auto-focus etc will work automatically. 

Well... not really.

If you insist on using autofocus when shooting video, your best choice is always the native AF lenses of the system. In the case of GH4, that would be the Panasonic mFT lenses. The main reason to use an active adapter with "foreign" lenses is the ability to change aperture. There is no guarantee that AF will work with other system lenses. It might, but it's likely to be slow and clunky, useless for video.

In other words, if you decide to go for Canon or some other non-mFT lens, you'll save yourself from disappointments when you expect to use that lens manually, regardless of the lens adapter.  Then just practise, practise, practise.

Because I think i'm confused on this issue, that with the use of an adaptor we lose only the function of auto-focus or will we lose the shutter speed and aperture too?I will not be able to change the arrangements with the roll button?

I know the needed of an auto-focus is not so much for me too but i like to have the opportunity to change s/speed and aperture with the use of roll on body camera.

I don't own a GH4 and I don't know what kind of camera you're using now, but basically how you adjust focus, aperture and shutter speed depend on the camera and the adapter. Usually adjusting the shutter speed in the camera will always be the same. Changing the aperture depends on the lens and the adapter. Also whether or not AF will work depends on the lens, the adapter and the camera.

If you have a simple manual adapter with no electrical contacts, you set the shutter speed as usual, and you adjust the aperture from the aperture ring of the lens.

In case the lens doesn't have an aperture ring, like those Canon EF lenses, you've got three options;

-change the aperture from the aperture control ring in the adapter, if the adapter has one (only a few do)

-use an adapter that supports electronic aperture control, which means those more expensive active adapters or,

-you're stuck with fully open aperture.

All that is basic info that should be easy to find with a simple Google or YouTube search. For example, just to test this, I entered the words "lens adapters for micro four thirds" into the search field of YouTube, and got over 16,000 results, many of which reviews and tutorials for different lens adapters. Just go and try it yourself. Some of the videos may be crap, but it's probably easier for you to learn by watching the videos than reading these comments on these forums. 

So, do some more research before you decide which kind of adapter you'll go for.

Or maybe you'll end up trading your existing Canon lenses for the native Panasonic lenses, after all. 

Yeah i have do many many research on net btw, but i can't take that information i want. I don't own a camera right now, but my brother use Canon 5D Mark III and he use those lens EF and he use his camera for photography, i want a camera which is good cheap for video recording. So for that i was stuck in idea for GH4 or A7S, but those 2 cameras have many different options you know "half are good half are bad" for both products. I did a lot of research as i said above and i stuck at how a adaptor will work on GH4 while is a crop.

Anyway i think that you answer a lot of questions i had, i want to give all many thanks. I will post if i find something new and cool for the subject :D

"sorry for my english btw"

Don't worry about the language, the internet is a global place.

As for choosing a camera, well, it's always tricky, as none of them is perfect, but many of them are nice.  You just have to pick the one that feels 'right' in your hand. 

So go and try to find a camera store where you can handle the camera and try out all the buttons and dials yourself, and ask questions from the salespeople if necessary. You'll figure it out, eventually, along with some more online research. Besides, whichever camera you end up choosing, it'll take some time before you really master it. GH4 and A7s would both be nice options, along with some other models, too.