Best Camera choice with Stabilisation

deckitout

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

With my E-M1, the sound of the stabiliser is pretty similar in still and video mode. There is a very slight crop when the stabiliser is on versus off in video mode, so I guess there is possibly some additional electronic stabilisation going on. However the crop is so small there would seem to be no way that this would account for all of stabilisation you get?

It has sensor shift. Take the lens offa your E-M1 body, with a finger tick the housing. You will see the sensor jiggles around freely just a tiny bit.

I love the E-M1 for photography. The video is not terrible either, but would really benifit from more framerate options and a mode with enhanced bitrate for example. There was a rumour months ago that this was coming, but to date, nothing there.

That's why, for video, I have the GH4 (and GH2 still as well). Did a few of the first tests the other day and 4K detail is just amazing. The 96 fps on 1080p is also a very fun feature to play with. For photography I very much prefered my E-M1 though.

Also excited about Pana's LX-8 and FZ1000 though. I have the GH4 and E-M1 for when I'm really going out the door to shoot some stuff. But for everyday on the go, I can't go carry around body, lenses and all that good stuff. That's why I love to always have my LX-7 on me, since it's much nicer than a smartphone and you can just grab it whenever a moment pops up. I could also imagine throwing a FZ1000 in my bag to work though. 'The best camera is the one you have with you', as they say. Well, it then better be a half decent one. :P