Anyone know a good place to sell some professional media / memory cards in London?

Lasers_pew_pew_pew

I've got a load of memory cards left over from jobs that I'm never going to use again, and it's money just sitting there that I need.

I've got 14 SXS-1 pro 64gb cards,

4 32gb SanDisk CF cards extreme's 120 mb/s. The gold ones.

5 32gb SanDisk 60mb/s CF cards.

1 32gb 90mb/s CF cards, and 1 64gb 90mbs card I think.

64gb Delkin 400x CF cards. - I've got like 40 of these! FORTY.

There just doesn't seem to be much of any of this stuff for sale on eBay, which worries me that no one will bid on them and they'll just never sell or sell for dirt cheap because people will assume they're fake and not real extremely expensive to buy brand new ones, and kit houses are a bit reluctant to buy them second hand.

Does anyone have any good suggestions in Britain or a site or anyone who might want to buy them from me?

I don't have any camera at the moment that uses either format, and I've had some of them for a year just sitting there just been used once or twice. Need to get rid of them.

Any suggestions welcome!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

eBay with a 'buy it now' price or a minimum bid?

Keep in mind that the value of memory cards drops fast. Really fast. So check the new price, or the price of equivalent (speed) cards first...

I wouldn't count on a shop giving you nearly what you should be able to get in a private sale.

I just sold a bunch of CF cards on eBay as we only have cameras that use SD cards now. I sold as Buy It Now with a Best Offer. I priced the cards at about 60% of retail & accepted 50% as an offer (I like this way of selling as some people will pay the asking price & those that like to offer & feel that they got a bargain can be happy too). The SanDisk cards sold within a day or two whereas the Transcends took about a week even though the asking price was 50% less for the same capacity & performance.

eBay with a 'buy it now' price or a minimum bid?

Keep in mind that the value of memory cards drops fast. Really fast. So check the new price, or the price of equivalent (speed) cards first...

I wouldn't count on a shop giving you nearly what you should be able to get in a private sale.

And you're right, the value of them has already dropped MASSIVELY 

I sold about 20 all together mostly 32GB. Your Delkins should sell OK to those in the know as they are of similar quality to SanDisk & also approved for use in Canon XF & C300. I could have priced a bit higher but would then have had to wait longer to sell. Take a look at the prices that cards actually sell for in Completed Listings then price accordingly.

Yeah, looked at that but they seem to sell for really low which was scares me. To sell less then 50% of what you paid for them 6 months after buying them would be a painful experience. Thought it'd be better to sell to professionals who'd realise their worth/trust of not being fake and being well looked after cards. Oh well, bugger I'll have to sell for much lower.

It'll hurt the most on the SXS-1 Pro 64gb cards, they were like 400 new, and will probably get maximum of 200 each.

50% of retail is a pretty decent price to get for anything on eBay unless it is very desirable &/or in short supply. Don't forget also that what you actually get in your pocket will be even less with eBay/PayPal fees & the cost of shipping. I have sold quite a lot of stuff on eBay recently & the loss that I have taken on some stuff is terrible but if it's the choice between an item for which I paid £250 sitting on the shelf & that I will never use it & clearing £50 for it then I would rather have the money.