Mounting LOMO anamorphic block?

dhessel

Any idea how to mount just the anamorphic block of a LOMO to a regular taking lens? I just got one of these with it's own lens but may want to mount it on others so I can use with my nikon glass for faster/wider options. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have an 50mm square front and original lens, oct18 version, that I will be mounting on my BMCC. I am thinking I may want to use it on my Nikon 50mm and speed booster for a wider FOV when needed so would like a way to mount it for non LOMO lenses. I don't have the lens yet, it is on it's way. Eventually I will want to pick up a LOMO 75mm lens for it as well. I already purchased the oct18 to m43 from ceilo7 so I am all set on that front. 

There is no effective way to do that. The squarefront OCT18 lenses are designed to be coupled with their rear spherical backs so the focus can be tuned together. Mounting them with modern still lens will also work but you will lost the single focus mechanism and have some trouble with finding a way to mount it.

I've seen some people do that but I don't think it would be so nice to use in a real shoot. And, don't forget you have to focus on both lenses.

590.jpg

5606176164_ed665eb98d_z.jpg

Thanks for the advice, I am aware that it requires dual focus but I would like to have the option. I have been using a Kowa for some time now so I am used to it. Thanks for the pics, is I will look them over again one the lens arrives.