I LOVE these classic, CLASSY reviews, I love Andrews Berlin

PannySVHS

I know, the title sounds a bit corny. But I just enjoyed a classy classic review. It also sounds like i might be ass kissing but far away from that. I just love the wealth and quality of reviews and threads on this site. I highly recommend browsing EOSHD. How come I open a topic with that "insight" and suggestion? Well, as others suggested yesterday, to test the search function with less then four characters, I just developed an appetite to enjoy some great Lumix G6 footage from Andrew again.

I love the vibe of Andrews Berlin, I love the vibe of my now broken G6. If it just had 100mbit and no noise reduction up to 1600 Iso, it would be all the camera I would really need! In Andrews reviews we often get to see the city of Berlin as it has been, an open space, which deserves to be called that actually! A space with warmth, variety and poetry, full of warm hearted people, with unpretentious beauty. These days my attributes to describe Berlin would be: occupied by the forces of money and algorithm industry, money with dirt glueing onto it, algorithms throwing dirt at us.

So cherishing low fi and old school and plasticy equipment with the promise and challenge of beautiful image quality is like cherishing the promise of the things and place we film with it. Thats why I love these classics, these classy reviews and Andrews Berlin. It is a promise which gives me hope and joy. cheers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Thanks!

How tricky is it to access all the old stuff from 2010-2018 I am wondering? I am thinking in the new site design, an archive of the Berlin "best of" days can be included so you can browse everything. I lot of people only just finding EOSHD will not even know it exists. The Digital Bolex footage, early GH2, 5D Mark III raw, the first Metabones speed booster prototype and seeing Berlin as it was before the recent upheavals would be nice to revisit but currently it takes a lot of digging!

You are more than welcome, Andrew!

I remember articles of yours and subjects you discussed a by heart. So I remembered the review title for the G6 was GH2 redux. I then googled that and enjoyed it again.:)

I think your massive high quality content needs curation or, as I think you just implied, a more accessible layout/ structure through the site. Searching via Eoshd feels less intuitive to me than looking for Eoshd content via Google. For instance, I am never efficient in looking for thread titles. Often I mistakingly look up stuff with single search terms from the text of thread posts rather than from thread titles. Fi, looking for my beloved 8bit BW thread results in having all threads with the letter combo bw in it.

Anyone of us has started threads themselves which became of keen interest to them. As for me these are fi threads about 3 sensor CCD 2/3 Varicams or Jeff Wynorski, Roger Cormans infamous list of a filmmakers last resort list and so on.

On a personal level, Eoshd did not only make me want to become a practitioner of cinematography, it made want to enjoy Berlin more. I did and both and still practice cinematography. Besides that I learned so much about lenses, the now not so secret Pentax version of the Zeiss Hollywood and much more.

I would love people to revise their own threads and live up to the promises of creating. My Konica 35 to 100mm 2.8 needs to be tested. My F3 needs the heck graded out of it just like I did with my G6 which I bought due to your review. Best camera purchase until now, until it broke down on me one year or so ago. Why?, because it started it all for me. And your review was an essential part of that. Anyway, looking forward to discovering and rediscovering the treasures of EOSHD. cheers