arri s to eos ef ?!

George Stanescu

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've used these – they work. The tolerances seem good, too, infinity focus is maintained and the focus scale is accurate, which is rare imo with adapters.

But the rear elements will be far enough back that you don't want to mount the lenses on anything with a mirror. 

Also the focus ring placement is annoying with these lenses. 😕

Lastly, I believe these are only compatible with Arri S mount lenses that have a helical. Cookes, for instance, do not, and rotate within the mount. Which is why a simple screw on PL mount converter doesn't work with Cooke Speed Panchros and you need something more like the Visual Products or Les Bosher adapters. Rafcamera sells one, too.

But for PL mount only and not EF. 

But if your lenses have helical focusing (some Schneider, Zeiss, most zooms, etc. I think) I think you're good with the adapters at the link above.

• Administrators

They won't work. You need a mirrorless camera with the shorter flange and big space for the lens barrel to slot into.

I'd open the thread up to recommendations about really good lenses for the Pocket 6K EF though...

Contax Zeiss 28mm F2.0 Hollywood got to be right up there on my list.