Canon C70 Audio Input Selection

ENDEARLY

Hello - 

This has to be something super stupid but I've messed with it enough that I need to ask. 

When I go into the menu for Audio (or button 13 for Audio Status -> Audio Settings) the audio input selection is greyed out. I'm getting no audio from either LINE with a XLR mic (using mini XLR to XLR adapter) OR from the 3.5mm mic (Rode VideoMic Pro). I tested the Rode on another camera and it works fine.

When I am using the Rode I'm setting the camera hardware switch to MIC. I have tried Input 1 and Input 2. 

I feel like I have a setting in the menu somewhere that is disabling the audio completely and therefore can't change the audio input. 

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 3 months later...

Ah actually there is a setting (last) in the recording settings that allows you to set record format switching this allows MP4 with additional inputs- sorry to be vague but currently charging batteries before a gig so unable to provide exact settings