Mosaic Engineering working on Nikon D800 anti-moire filter

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
[html]

[img]http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/d800-mosaic-engineering.jpg[/img]

Good news for Nikon D800 owners. Mosaic Engineering are currently working on anti-aliasing filter for the camera. Because the sensor line-skips to produce HD video, the custom-designed optical low pass filter should almost eliminate any moire and aliasing on the D800 if it works as well as it did on the Canon 5D Mark II.

[url="http://www.eoshd.com/?p=7809/"]Read full article[/url]

[/html]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just because I already own one. Been using it for years since it came out, and are quite satisfied with it. Just thought that because they promised an APS-C anti-moire filter, I wonder if they'd fulfill their promise. Ah, well.

I don't see the point in sidegrading to a 5DMkII other than the full frame. Still had to deal with softness/jello/moire.

Thought of upgrading to 5DMkIII, but the benefits for video seems minimal. I'd rather get a GH2, but I'd have to get some panasonic lenses (mostly kit lenses, but eh) and a metabones adapter for the canon glasses I have, but that adapter costs almost as much as a GH2, plus import tax.

NEX7 is just as bad for video, if not worse due to the codec.

I don't use my camera professionally anyway. Looking forward to the 650D with the rumored AF during video, but canon would probably screw it up anyway, like they did with the 5DMkIII.