Born Again - a passion project shot on the old BMPCC

greg weisert

Hey guys,

I wanted to share a film with you that I just finished and released. 
It is also a project I've been very passionate about, as it is the retelling of a true story. A short excerpt out of the life of a good friend of mine.

A while ago a severe fire destroyed many houses inside the neighborhood of San Andres, Manila.
Everything was raised to the ground. My friend took literally his destiny in his own hands and they were able to rebuild the houses just by them and the community.

Everything was shot handheld on the OG Pocket, with the old MFT-Speedbooster and a vintage Nikol 35mm f2 and a very old Nikol 50mm f1.4.
No artificial light, was really like run and gun. I shot all formats, CinemaDNG, ProRes - even LT - depending on how much space was left on the SD card.
This little thing was really a workhorse! The archival footage is from different mobile phones.

I hope you like the film! Enjoy :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs