Best MTS player to stop skipping effect when viewing GH2 footage

luminescence

Can anyone recommend the best MTS player to use? I have tried VLC but the earlier version skips badly, and the latest version still skips a little. At first I thought it was the head of my new tripod when panning, but it skips on zoom in and out on all three of my lenses. I have an extra big video card and 8gb ram, so I do not think it a hardware issue. I am using the basic patch for the GH2 and the files range from 17,000 kbps to about 37,000. The quality is terrific, but I cannot view on my computer optimally it seems. The skip is not apparent in movie playback on the camera, just on my PC laptop.

Another question, if I was to convert to the next best quality file (AVI, MP4?) what is the best video converter program to use? I have  trawled the net and it is a minefield to find the right one without downloading a bunch of spam or limited trial versions.

Thanks for your attention.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs