Anonymous?

User

1 hour ago, sanveer said:

You're lucky it's a right winger country. I know a few friends who've lost family members in communist countries. Genocides are common there, and nobody dares to report things. Much like China and the whole curious Covid-19 story. Nobody in the media has lived to tell the tale. 

Lucky?
"In many cases, incompetence does not leave people disoriented, perplexed, or cautious, Instead, the incompetent are often blessed with an inappropriate confidence, buoyed by something that feels to them like knowledge."- David Dunning
Careful my emotional friend.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Do you live in or from the U.S.?  The glory days aren't over compared the the rest of the world. The world is fuc$% up together.

But if you look at real cities and towns across the U.S. you see life that's normal and the way it used to be.  Now take that same perspective and put it on the internet and media and you get a twisted picture of reality.  The same highs and lows have always been around forever. 

The media only reports the bad and is one sided. The media doesn't report the news anymore they report what they want and what they decide to report.

I have no preconceived notions of Europe because I've never visited there.  If I watch the news I would say Europe is just as messed up as the states.

There is more than one kind of 'news.' And, since when is 'news' the only yardstick? Come on, you're going to have to step up here.

16 minutes ago, User said:

There is more than one kind of 'news.' And, since when is 'news' the only yardstick? Come on, you're going to have to step up here.

As I said, locally you have people living their life together from different backgrounds and no issues.    How do you form your opinion of the U.S.? It's from the internet.  Where are you from and live? Does your day to day interaction away from the internet match what's reported on the news?

The news is passed around from FB and Twitter and other ways and people form opinions based on what's passed around.  If the news sensationalizes and only reports the negative and leans it's opinion that way then how are people suppose to responded. 

30 minutes ago, User said:

And, since when is 'news' the only yardstick?

It's the yardstick because no one keeps them accountable. The news is a political tool for every side and the news being for the people and used to help the people is long gone.

You would think at the local level the news / media would be different.  The media could play a big part in bring people together and making the world a better place.

The problems of the mind can not be solved on the level of the mind.

48 minutes ago, Super8 said:

As I said, locally you have people living their life together from different backgrounds and no issues. 

Tell that to George Floyd. And all the others like him.

How do you form your opinion of the U.S.? It's from the internet. 

By living and making experiences in the world beyond the insular small minded place that I was born into. I also live, work and travel across the world (including the U.S.) and can previously be found flying over places like Mosul... peering down on the long arm of exploitive military operations that serve the fat and stupid who no longer (if ever) deserve it.

Does your day to day interaction away from the internet match what's reported on the news?

At times. Is that the only measure? No.

The news is passed around from FB and Twitter and other ways and people form opinions based on what's passed around.  If the news sensationalizes and only reports the negative and leans it's opinion that way then how are people suppose to responded. 

Who reads Fb and Twitter as news? I'll tell you... people who are so fucking lazy that they should be rounded up and sent off world to used as sexual bait for an arriving species. The trouble with this is that the aliens would be easily bored and then come here... which could be both good... and bad.

Let's see.

Is that really your reply back?

You proved my case for me.   How many people live in the U.S? 

How do you think news and media is spread across the internet?  You're not that naive to think FB and twitter is not the platform that reaches millions of people.  The days of newspaper and tv being the place news is spread are over. 

I will include You Tube in the mix because that's the other outlet but they are all connected. 

Instead of being influenced by the town and people you live and interact with daily, people are influenced by what's being passed around the internet. 

Also, don't judge people or countries that you don't know.