Renowned British filmmaker Shane Meadows shoots Jake Bugg music video on Blackmagic Pocket Cinema camera and BMCC

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
Shane Meadows - Blackmagic shoot for Jake Buggs

Above, left: Shane Meadows shoots with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera

Shane Meadows (Dead Man's Shoes, This Is England) is in my view the best filmmaker since Danny Boyle to come out of the North of England. He's recently been shooting a Stone Roses documentary and met Jake Bugg at a recent gig. His Blackmagic shoot was a music video for the British singer-songwriter, for the track "Slumville Sunrise".

Here's what Shane had to say about the shoot -

Read the full article here

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I like it.  Lots of fun.  And good old rock music!  That still exists, eh?

To be fair, that video could have been shot on just about anything, so the fact that it's on a BM is irrelevant to me...and according to the filmmaker, sort of irrelevant as well as he deliberately made the image worse than the source.  Regardless of that, it was pretty entertaining.

Speaking of cameras, I still have the same old hi8 Canon A1 that shows up in this vid.

Speaking of cameras, I still have the same old hi8 Canon A1 that shows up in this vid.

Hah!  I've still got mine too, saved all these years.  I always loved the way it looked, the design of it, and have kept it around to one day use as a prop or dressing, or maybe just shelf decoration along with some other old cameras in my collection.

BLkFRvJCcAEohzC.jpg

Looks cool. I will check it out. 

I would advise anyone taking their expensive camera with open ports on the side, on to open water, to consider using a bit of plastic. Punching a hole for the lens in a ziplock works great. Keeping one in an inside pocket of your favorite work jacket for emergencies, can save your ass (your cam or your phone!).

Quick, probably offtopic question:

How come I don't see any battery on the battery plate of the BMCC rig in any of the photo's? Is it only there to charge the internal battery from time to time, and released whenever the camera is in use, or am I completely missing something here?

Thanks!