ACES IDTs & 3D LUTs for Z Cam ZLog2 and GoPro Protune

Attila Bakos

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, kye said:

Do you have any before / after Protune shots that include people?  It's easy to make Protune look nice on landscapes, just add contrast, saturation, and maybe adjust the WB a bit, but making it look 'right' is a whole other thing!

Unfortunately I don't have a GoPro (got the clips from a friend), but if you send me a clip with people, I can show you how it would look. Remember that the color mode must be flat, and white balance must be native.

12 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

Unfortunately I don't have a GoPro (got the clips from a friend), but if you send me a clip with people, I can show you how it would look. Remember that the color mode must be flat, and white balance must be native.

I'll have to see if I can dig one out..  I have a huge archive of projects I've shot but not edited yet!

On 12/6/2019 at 2:16 PM, kye said:

I'll have to see if I can dig one out..  I have a huge archive of projects I've shot but not edited yet!

I found a clip where I tested the stabilisation of the GoPro, it has my face in it, so you can see how the DCTL corrects the Protune clip.

Protune Flat/Native:

test_1.1.3.thumb.jpg.3f2088d088543681d49910a932b2fe7e.jpg

DCTL:

test_1.1.1.thumb.jpg.8dd92dac63d80c28e05f41751f12dd4d.jpg

Normal contrast/saturation adjustment in Davinci YRGB mode:

test_1.1.2.thumb.jpg.fa9812690c87477595717207840e50fc.jpg

As you can see the DCTL corrects for the yellow skintones, also the jacket of the lady in the background is supposed to be red, which is not what you get with normal contrast/saturation adjustments.
I believe my DCTL/LUTs can really make your life easier when shooting GoPro Protune Flat/Native.