Could this year's Oscar winner be the first Netflix movie to win?

Anaconda_

1 hour ago, Tiago Rosa-Rosso said:

Hmmm. I think there is a big a big difference in form from diamantino to children of men, and I don't compare them on their purpose, I just think it's a relief to see other structures, forms and approaches.  Zoolander ?? Really?! I didn't saw Zoolander so I can't say you are wrong.

Zoolander/Diamantino is beloved by everyone but suffers a fall from grace and his position at the top of his field at the beginning of the film. He's targeted by right wing conspirers, who choose him for their experiment because he's too stupid to realise he's being manipulated. In Zoolander, he's brainwashed to kill the new Malaysian prime minister who wants to outlaw child labour, but thinks he's spending time at a 'day spa'. Like how the manipulators play on Diamantino's love of refugees, the villain in Zoolander hooks him by claiming he'll help him with his dream of opening a centre for disadvantaged children. 
Instead of a government agent, it's a journalist who investigates the plot involving Zoolander and falls in love with him along the way. 

There are too many similarities to the strange and unique plot of Zoolander for it to be a coincidence, although the stylistic approach is a bit different. I did find the freewheeling pacing and tone of Diamantino to be interesting. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs