Premiere Pro - Eating Internal Disk Space? - No it's Not the Media Cache

User

I'm running PPro 8.2.0 of Mac OSX 10.8.5.

I'm on a long haul doc with loads of material, Long Gop, H.264 and Prores. Loading the entire project takes 20 min until everything is indexed. Recently I've just been putting the Macbook to sleep after an edit session rather than shutting it down so that I don't have to wait 20 min for the project to load. During editing, I start with about 50gb free space on the Macbook's drive, and that, over 2 days slow dwindles to zero. Of course rebooting clears the drive and I get the 50gb back.

My 'Media Cache' folders are located of external drives with lots of room. What the hell is eating this hd space? And can I preform a function to clear this space without having to reboot?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, jonpais said:

A great free app for locating those pesky files.

Daisy Disk

Thanks Jon.
So I ran the app and it indicates that  37.6 gb taken up in virtual memory with 37.6gb as a Sleep Image.

I don't know if this should be done but can the app offer a way to clear the Virtual Memory? If it does, I can't find it.

x.jpg

I found this:

Wake from sleep

http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-tackle-waking-a-stubbornly-sleeping-mac/

http://www.cnet.com/news/mac-general-maintenance-recommendations/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

my issue is resolved.  the computer is now waking from sleep normally after running the latest update.  @julien156, have you tried deleting the sleep image?  it may be corrupt.

if you do shift/command/g and then type in /Var, you'll find the sleep image in the vm folder.  just delete it.  your system will create a new one.  i would also delete everything from the cache folder in your user library as well and then reboot, run the combo update once more for good measure and make sure you run software update so that you're sure you've got them all.

I took all the VM files and placed them in the trash. But when  trying to delete them, the system says they are in use and doesn't allow them to be deleted.
But with these file in the trash, I now have all my disk space back as if I did a reboot.