new The xx music vid - mix of hifi/lofi/??

Nathanael McKinley Myton

Ok I liked the vid and as a fairly uninformed viewer the video effects (grading/noise/digital artifacts/etc) gave me a nostalgic feeling that fit the theme. But I really don't know anything about cameras and would be interested to hear a more informed opinion. What camera(s) do you think were used? Does the end result do it for you or is it distracting? etc

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'd hazard a guess at super16 film and vintage lenses and then some sort of camcorder for a few of the digital looking shots - or could be post trickery seeing as they look to be pretty much the same angle. Could also be shot s16 cropped on Amira/Alexa or Red, Soy F5, etc and clever grading.

It's directed by fashion photographer Alasdair McLellan, couldn't find DP credits on promo news. 

Either way, I love this look.

On 6/30/2017 at 1:08 AM, Ed Andrews said:

I'd hazard a guess at super16 film and vintage lenses and then some sort of camcorder for a few of the digital looking shots - or could be post trickery seeing as they look to be pretty much the same angle. Could also be shot s16 cropped on Amira/Alexa or Red, Soy F5, etc and clever grading.

It's directed by fashion photographer Alasdair McLellan, couldn't find DP credits on promo news. 

Either way, I love this look.

Yea being from the same angle made me wonder if it was all done in post...

Anyways I agree it's a good look