Premiere Audio Drop at end of GH4/GH5.. etc files - fix

Orangenz

On some systems running the latest 2017 Premiere some people have a problem with the audio disappearing for the last second of each clip. https://forums.adobe.com/message/9328219#9328219 This seems to be "fixed" by renaming your .MP4 files as .MPEG files before importing. The stated duration in the properties remains the same. I still have a question about what will happen over spanned clips so we will see. Vegas Pro does not have the audio drop at the end of clips and also states a shorter clip duration. 

quiet_premiere_clip.jpg

quiet_vegasclip.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, scotchtape said:

So for the MOV files there is no problem?

// nm i read the post.

Yes, reported with mov as well as mini ursa footage. 

<quote> I'm seeing this as well.  I've tried different recording formats (MOV or MP4 (LPCM)) and system frequencies on my GH4 and Premiere cuts off at least a second or two of audio in the end.  This just started happening recently and I can only guess it was with a recent update.

Oh, I also imported some Blackmagic footage from an Ursa Mini and it did the same thing.  So, it's not just the GH4. </quote>