GH5 IBiS with SB ULTRA ARt Lenses

Rinad Amir

Hey Guys&Gals this has been on my case couple weeks now it has been covered prob million times and am sorry but i have to be reassured

am investing in GH5 plus V-Log &SB

I was thinking to not to purchase any MFT lenses and use Arts that i have 

or should i get one ? I mainly do video work and rarely do photography

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Rinad Amir said:

Hey Guys&Gals this has been on my case couple weeks now it has been covered prob million times and am sorry but i have to be reassured

am investing in GH5 plus V-Log &SB

I was thinking to not to purchase any MFT lenses and use Arts that i have 

or should i get one ? I mainly do video work and rarely do photography

The Sigma Art lenses are all superb. If you check the Lenses thread, you'll see a small discussion about using adapted lenses vs. native glass. My own experience with the Sigma Art 50mm f/1.4 and Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 when used with a Speed Booster is that they are sharper than some native m43 lenses, as well as being much faster. Excluding the one-time purchase of the adapter, the Sigmas are no more expensive than some recent lenses released by Panasonic and Olympus. I shot a couple videos with the Sigma Art 50mm f/1.4 and G85, and IBIS worked really well. The Sigmas can also be used on other bodies should you ever decide to switch from m43 to APS-C for example. If you don't mind the bulk and weight, there is no reason to spend a lot of money on a second set of lenses. 

Here are two videos shot with the Sigma Art 50mm f/1.4, MB SB XL and Lumix G85.

17 minutes ago, jonpais said:

The Sigma Art lenses are all superb. If you check the Lenses thread, you'll see a small discussion about using adapted lenses vs. native glass. My own experience with the Sigma Art 50mm f/1.4 and Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 when used with a Speed Booster is that they are sharper than some native m43 lenses, as well as being much faster. Excluding the one-time purchase of the adapter, the Sigmas are no more expensive than some recent lenses released by Panasonic and Olympus. I shot a couple videos with the Sigma Art 50mm f/1.4 and G85, and IBIS worked really well. The Sigmas can also be used on other bodies should you ever decide to switch from m43 to APS-C for example. The downside is they are bulky and add a a lot of weight. But since you already own Sigma glass, you probably already know all this.

Thanks  Jon

The plan is to upgrade from 80D to GH5!!! 

Things am looking forward is 

vector scope 

focus peaking

slowmotion 180fps 

log 

now the downside ?

Am gona miss PDAF 

cant say much about rest