Mini-Helicopter Shots for FS700?

Scott Goldberg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Its never going to be able to lift your FS700 but I've just got one of these DJI Phantom quadcopters to take some baby steps into aerial shots.

Full details here http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/phantom/overview/

Obviously its a very consumer product but it has some really nifty GPS flight aids built in to help you fly it.

It comes with a mount for a GoPro and there is a cottage industry popping up with people making mounts to minimise vibration as the rolling shutter can be horrendous.

I've not got much interest in putting a GoPro on it and was attracted by a couple of people having modified the mount to accommodate an RX100.

I had a go with modifying a mobile phone windscreen mount that looked promising but it didn't really pass its flying trial this afternoon (think Hindenburg) so I'll be going back to the simpler modified GoPro mount with the RX100 mounted upside down tomorrow.

I think over the next few months we'll see more and more sophisticated mounts for this.

Even so, what it does out of the box can be impressive as this guy shows with a GoPro3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNT0iV0m7X8