Gopro Footage?

BrorSvensson

Hey everyone, i've been thinking about maybe getting an hero 3+ used because of how cheap they are getting but i would love to play with some footage before i do.

If anyone have some gopro hero 3 or 3+ footage (preferable in protune) that i could play round with that would be very kind!

Wetransfer.com is a great way to link the files if you have some.

Thanks in advance!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

For a few days i put some clips to my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9d46mzo8guUZVR3dnNsMWlVNGs?usp=sharing

Hero 3 Black, 2,7k, 30fps wide, Protune, CameraRaw WhiteBalance. If you want correct colorbalance, you have to postprocess them through GoPro Studio. It have a special color matrix for this kind of footage, you can tweak the image almost like raw

Hero 3+ Black have Protune 2.0 which has much more options to customize

Hero 4 Black is using Protune 2.0 too. My settings for the uploaded clip: 4K 30p wide, Native WhiteBalance, -0,5 EV compensation, Flat, Low Sharpness. GoPro Studio required here too.

43 minutes ago, Deadcode said:

For a few days i put some clips to my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9d46mzo8guUZVR3dnNsMWlVNGs?usp=sharing

Hero 3 Black, 2,7k, 30fps wide, Protune, CameraRaw WhiteBalance. If you want correct colorbalance, you have to postprocess them through GoPro Studio. It have a special color matrix for this kind of footage, you can tweak the image almost like raw

Hero 3+ Black have Protune 2.0 which has much more options to customize

Hero 4 Black is using Protune 2.0 too. My settings for the uploaded clip: 4K 30p wide, Native WhiteBalance, -0,5 EV compensation, Flat, Low Sharpness. GoPro Studio required here too.

oh thank you very much! highly appriciate it

Few tips: after you transcoded the footage with GoPro Studio, you can set the white balance-sharpness-contrast (dont use the built in Protune LUT, it causes color channel clipping in the highlights after extreme WB shift).

After that you dont have to encode the files, just search the transcoded cineform and import to your NLE. If you shift WB in GoPro Studio, the changed color will appear in the NLE imported Cineform without any further action. GP Studios sharpening works very good with Hero's footage

These daylight footages are around 6000-6500K WB, you can have good results in gradeing without GoPro Studio (Hero 3 is warmer about 300-400K)

• 1 month later...