Diopters and clamps in europe anyone?

hidalgoserra

Hey

finally i got my hypergonar, my next quest start with the search of achromat, diopters and a clamp for attaching the anamorphic lense to my prime lenses, i can buy in america from vid atlantic the clamps, but i am in europe and between the cost for shipping and the time require i will be waiting too long.

Does anyone can suggest me where to get not so expensive diopters (+0.5 and +1), eventually an achromat (+0.4) and those clamps anywhere in europe?

ive search on ebay already wihtout luck.

Thanks for the help

Hidalgo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ah interesting, i guess i will still need the diopters thought? at least for close up or i am wrong?

You will definitely need some diopters. Without them, minimum focus is somewhere between 20 and 25 feet from your subject. If you only get one diopter, get a +1, which will put you in the 5 foot range. A +2 will give you an extreme close up and a +4 will give you a macro shot. There's a Hoya set of all three that is priced pretty well. I recommend that you get them at 77mm (you'll need to glue an 82mm to 72mm step down ring inside the Hypergonar first), and also a 77mm fader. Here's a look at what you can get with these diopters distance-wise:

https://vimeo.com/52820545

Thank you again, priceless info, but i have a question, isnt enough to get for example that hoya set for 72mm then eventually use one of those redstains front clamp to put the diopters on them?

I could be wrong but I don't think that there is Redstan clamp that is going to fit the front of the HiFi2. I am recommending 77mm because that way you'll avoid as much vignetting as possible.

However, if you are absolutely dead set on getting the +0.4 achromat, then I'd recommend getting a set of 72mm diopters instead. It's a real pain to switch between differently-sized filters. And if you have the money available, look into Xume adapters. They make swapping out filters much faster.

mhh...but front diameter for the hypergonar is 82mm right? in this case would'nt be better to use a 82mm diopter? or the frontal diameter is smaller? back should be 72mm

There is no filter thread on the front, which means that you have create one. You can use superglue to stick one in there. I like 82mm because it is the closest in size to the surface you'll be gluing to, and you get the maximum surface area coverage which which should be stronger. You could look for 82mm diopters if you wanted, but I'm not sure if it is a common filter size and they may be difficult to find.

this is what your talking about?

http://www.xumeadapters.com/order-here/82mm-adapters/xume-pro-kit.html

i guess those are just the threads without diopters, but i think i can mount them over them

Exactly. No more screwing on and off diopters. You can just pop them on and off very quickly. The lens is already very difficult to use so this would make your life just a little easier.

nothing for the front

i got big back clamps just cannot list on the fucking fleebay at the moment
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181057192600?ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1560.l2649

i replied to some emails.
i think i said a tokina would be a waste to expensive to small and to low power

i think i also said a close up 1 and a 2 would be best

you then have to consider a support the clamp cannot be used to take weight

hey Tony, are you from redstan? if the answer is yes, that auction was for exactly the clamp i need how can i contact you and organize the shipping? as ive sent at least 4 emails even on ebay without any reply!

About diopters i got the borwin (stated as hoya) for the 82mm xume adapters i got, hopefully im almost good to go, i still need a good support for the lense and a fucking clamp to attach the hypoergonar to the the prime..