NX1 and NX500 for a two-camera shoot

Sekhar

Folks, I had a chance to cover a stage event last Sat and used NX1 and NX500 for a two-camera shoot. Both were at DCI 24p, with NX1/Samsung 16-50 covering the whole stage and NX500/Canon 70-200 the center. Thought you might be interested in how these two gems capture the image and how much flexibility 4K gives in reframing when outputting in 1080p. Comments/critiques welcome.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Don't know how I missed this. It looks good. You really can't tell a difference in quality between the NX500 and the NX1. A separate angle all together could be interesting for future videos, that way you can really work close ups of each woman separately, which I'm sure they'd love. 

And once again I enjoyed the subject matter. Since it seems you are so involved with Indian/American community, it would be interesting to see a documentary about the collision, for lack of a better word, of the two cultures. 

Don't know how I missed this. It looks good. You really can't tell a difference in quality between the NX500 and the NX1. A separate angle all together could be interesting for future videos, that way you can really work close ups of each woman separately, which I'm sure they'd love. 

And once again I enjoyed the subject matter. Since it seems you are so involved with Indian/American community, it would be interesting to see a documentary about the collision, for lack of a better word, of the two cultures. 

Thanks Mercer. Believe it or not, the zoom you're seeing with the NX500 shots is at the wide end (@70 on the Canon 70-200 L lens)! And even that I scaled down to 50% in post because I wanted to cover everyone. Also, shooting wide (less need to pull focus) and placing both cameras close helps when shooting as a one-man crew.

And yeah, a documentary would be good; I need to find an interesting topic.